NICU, my baby is filled with Fluid, Is it normal he's not moving?

nasibaby

Asked by nasibaby at 9:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That would be a question to ask the doctor.
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry. Have you talked to the NICU doc's about that?
    Anonymous

• I am so sorry ,your little one is sick,I hope everything goes well for him,I will say a prayer for you guys.The Dr may have him/her sedated,or just the meds.hugs to you
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• The doctors say it's because of the fluid. He started moving his fingers today, I just don't know if anyone else has experienced this.
    nasibaby

Answer by nasibaby at 9:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My heart is breaking for you,I had a neice that had a genetic disease,called Epiderma Belosa,she filled up with fluid,and her little hands were so tight,they had her on Iv lasix.how old is he?
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Is your son under sedation? Even the tiniest amounts can make a baby really sleepy. Also, drowsiness could be a side effect of other meds he's on. Talk to the doctor about your concerns :) I hope your son recovers quickly.
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 10:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Thank you for your prayers they seem to be working. They are moing him off the big ventilator today and putting him on a smaller one. His eyes are opening more than they were before.
    This is my first child, so i apologize if i'm like freaking out. I did everything that was needed to be done, vitamins, eat right and such. The doctor said it wasn't anything myself or my husband did.
    But ya know. you guys are moms it still runs through your head.
    Please keep the prayers coming
    nasibaby

Answer by nasibaby at 5:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2009