Is this normal? (? for c-sec moms)

I had a c-sec 3 weeks ago and have been in quite a bit of pain the last 2 days in my lower abdomen and have really bad body aches as well. Its kept me down most of the day. Do you think I overdid it? I have been walking long distances the last few days but I have not felt I pushed myself too much but now I am wondering if I did.

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 9:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Health

• After my second C section I had a way harder time with the whole healing thing. I didn't feel like I would ever be the same. But give it some time and you'll bounce back. For me it was about 2 weeks but caring for a 2 year old and a newborn 2 days after having a C Section is VERY hard.
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 9:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• No I was up and moving that night of the c-section. After I came home I did everything i normally did. I did take it easy but it didn't stop me from doing what i have to.Depends if this is your first or not too. I have only had one so far.
    Anonymous

• Call your doc.
    Anonymous

• You might have over did it. Relax! A little walking is okay, but don't kill yourself. A c-section could take upto 8 weeks to heal properly. I've had 3, so I know how you feel.
    I would chill out on the walking though, short walks are better for now.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• This was my first c-sec. I agree tater...I have two three year olds. Ho w long do you think it will take to feel good enough to get around again?
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• You said you had body aches as well, do you have a fever or any redness with your c/s site? Be careful of infection. If you don't have any fever or anything, sounds like you just need to rest a little more. It can take awhile for the achyness to go away.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I don't think that u it has to do with u walking it take a while to fully heal from a c-section... After i had one and had to start walking around it hurt so bad... I even had to have help getting out of the bed at first... It was really painful.
    Koko22

Answer by Koko22 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2009