I am a fanatic cleaner. I can't help it. Do you think this is harming my unborn baby?

auntaria

Asked by auntaria at 9:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• as long as your not over doing it your fine, just make sure you stay hydrated and don't slip and fall or wear yourself out.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• dont breathe in too much of that stuff. like pinesol or bleach..mix it with water.. atleast you do clean and do something though... cause i was a lazy bitch when i was pregnant.. i was mean and lazy.. haha lol...
    Anonymous

• It depends on what you are cleaning with. If you are using safe chemicals in a well ventilated area, wearing gloves, staying hydrated and resting when needed, you are doing just fine.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 9:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Just one more thing to add to what everyone else said and i know they say this is an old wives tale but please do not reach over your head to clean. My grandmother was 8 months pregnant and a profesional cleaner and she was cleaning something up high and felt something in her stomache the next time she went to the doctors they said the baby was dead because the umbilical cord became detached from the placenta. they made her carry the baby to term and then had her deliver it and i would be heart broken if that happened to someone else and i had a chance to say something to prevent it and didn't. Good luck and congrats!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• oh good grief PP. lawd. that is NOT true. i MOVED us while i was pregnant. my daughter is FINE.

no, it's not a big deal. just try not to breathe too much of the stuff. i'm a neat freak and i cleaned [yes with bleach! and pinesol!] throught my entire pregnancy with my daughter. you'll be fine. just stay hydrated and listen to your body. if it tells you you're tired, go rest!
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 10:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2009