best remedy for diaper rashes?

What do you recommend for the best remedy for a diaper rash that has been ongoing?
thanks :)

KellyJC

Asked by KellyJC at 10:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not sure but my friends ALWAYS uses Corn starch..
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 10:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I am a buttpaste nanny
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Cornstartch... and if you use desitin try using A&D I find that desitin only makes my DD's rash worse, wish a&d its gone by the morning
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I use Desitin and it has worked wonders. Thankfully my son hasn't had a ton of diaper rashes, but when he does I use the Desitin right away and it is gone almost instantly.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• if its a never going away diaper rash it may actually be a yeast rash -- have the doc. look at it. They'll give you a script (which never worked for my kids and is expensive if you don't have script ins.) == if its a yeast rash use antifungal for feet works great.
    Best thing ever for rashes:
    sunlight and air
    let your son/daughter air out as much as possible. (put plastic sheets down under a blanket)
    good luck
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 10:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I can't use desitin either, it turned a small diaper rash into a violent rash. We also used A&D and it went away over night.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I THINK THAT THE BEST THING TO DO IS LET YOUR KIDS AIR OUT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AND DON'T PUT ANYTHING JUST CLEAN WITH WARM WATTER AND COTTON, DO NOT USE WIPES....
    pamblaze25

Answer by pamblaze25 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Stop using wipes for a while as the chemicals can make the rash worse. Use a wet cloth- even a soft wet paper towel. Then make sure you dry the area really well. Pat- don't wipe or rub. Then we apply a generous layer of Pinxav (pronounced Pink Salve). It works wonders. We used to always use desitin for my older child- but it doesn't help the baby. The Pinxav is great. If you have a hard time finding it- ask at the pharmacy- some times it is behind the counter. I don't know why because it isn't really expensive- but that's where my local stores keep it.
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I uset everything bud past a&d organic... Desitin and washing baby's bud after every time he poops and not waiting to long to change the diper helps a lot. and make sure you dry butom befor you put cream on. let me know if it helps. good luck
    DaryaK

Answer by DaryaK at 11:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• If it is a diaper rash, you can use a dry tea bag in the diaper. The tea will let out its enzymes as the urine hits it. Remember tea stains, so the baby's bottom might have stains on it. Try doing it over night since the baby will be in the diaper the longest. if it does not show signs of improvement with a few days, seek medical care.Corn starch in the diaperworks too, use like baby powder, but remember to use sparingly because you can dry out the baby's skin.You can also add baking soda to the child's bath, use about 3 table spoons in a bath tub that is 1/4-1/3 the way full. For a baby bath tub use only 1 tbsp. For a bath tub that is for an older child use 1/8 cup. Baking soda will not harm the baby or child it will just turn the water salty.If it is a yeast infection and the baby is old enough try giving him/her yogurt. You can also use it like a cream. Spread plain yogurt on the baby's bottom

jemdreamz1214

Answer by jemdreamz1214 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 23, 2009