leg cramps help.

I cant sleep at night. My legs are cramping up so bad and nothing is helping. I have to take benedryl just to go to sleep.

seasnakesc

Asked by seasnakesc at 10:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I feel your pain! It helps me to stretch really good before bed, doesnt completely go away but hels alot.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Cramps can be avoided by increasing your intake of calcium, potassium, and magnesium. Both calcium and magnesium can be taken in the form of a supplement, of course ask your doctor. It is recommended that potassium levels be increased through the intake of more fruits and vegetables. People with certain medical conditions may be at risk in taking potassium supplements. Potassium can be found in cantaloupes, bananas, tomatoes, grapefruits and orange juice.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I forgot to add............I ate a banana a day (excellent source of potassium) and then soaked my feet in a warm/hot foot bath every night before bed. Add a little oil and rub the bottoms of your feet and calves while soaking. It relaxes your muscles :). Good luck!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• could be a sign that you need to drink more water, I woke up one morning with HORRIBLE cramps come to find out just because I needed to drink more water, also the whole potassium thing is very true
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I had the same thing- and like the other poster mentioned- it was my vitamin and mineral intake. Once I increased my potassium intake daily- the cramps stopped.
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• eat some banana's. if you can. they help with the charlie horses.
    MamaScorpio88

Answer by MamaScorpio88 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• my doctor told me to make sure i am drinking plenty of water, and to try eating some bananas. I also started taking a short warm bath at night, and that seemed to help the pain as well
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 3:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2009