saving money on food.

i need help on frugal living or advice how to save.

seasnakesc

Asked by seasnakesc at 10:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• COUPONS!!!! lol I love them!!! it takes forever to cut them all out but really worth it, I find things that are on sale and have a coupon for them too so I save even more money!
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• It is cheaper for us to buy enough to make a huge meal and have leftovers later in the week than to buy enough to have 2 meals made seperately. And also making stuff from scratch is cheaper too.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• www.moneysavingmom.com read walgreens 101 and cvs 101

www.hotcouponworld.com learn your grocery stores and use the database to find out what coupons are out there

Learn to coupon, trade and stockpile.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 11:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Here are some things we do:
    -Make all of our meals, buying pre-packaged food costs more.
    -Clip coupons, but only the ones you'll use. Clipping extra ones can lead to excessive spending.
    -Make double of a meal(like spaghetti) and freeze the sauce for later.
    -Plan ahead! I write out a menu for 2 weeks worth of meals(allowing for 2 nights of leftovers) and we do one big grocery trip. I also only buy produce for 1 week and then take another trip to the store the following week to get more produce.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:31 AM on Mar. 23, 2009