What could be wrong? Worms maybe? PLEASE HELP!!!

My neices dog vomited a little this morning, and he has not ate or drank anything today. I am thinking worms cause it is what my dog did when she had but want suggestions. Please help.

BIMOM21

Asked by BIMOM21 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Pets

• worms don't always show in the feces! they could be heart worms, roundworms, or whipworms which attach to the lining of the intestines and sometimes don't show up in the feces.

if you've had him a week, it's probably time to take him in to get his shots anyway, and because of the time of year, a good idea to get him on a flea and tick preventative too... tapeworms can be contracted by ingesting fleas, so it's best for him not to have them!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• check the poo for worms. . . my dog was poisioned and it did the same thing. is it an outside dog? dont want to worry you but if thats what it is the earlier the better, they may be able to help it still.
    Anonymous

• what color was the puke?
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• How old is the dog? If it's still a puppy and it has diarrhea too it could be parvo
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 10:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• He is 5 months. He has no diahrhea(sp?) and his gums look fine. He is not an outside god. It was clear, with a brownish tint.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• If it's a deep chested breed it could be bloat. You really need to see a vet to be sure.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• It isnt bloat, I looked it up.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I would have the dog looked at by a vet.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• its more than likely worms
    going2beamommy

Answer by going2beamommy at 1:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I would have the dog seen by a vet.  My cousins pup got parvo, and her dog wouldn't eat/drink and it vomited clear/brownish vomit.  My cousins dog never had diarrhea, but the vet said that not all dogs get diarrhea with parvo.
    It could be worms, but I would still have the vet checked especially since he/she isn't eating or drinking!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Mar. 23, 2009