Remember when your baby was brand new? What was your most irrational fear?

I sure do =]

One of my biggest fears was hurting her fontanels! Now I don't even notice them, bwahaha.

So if you can remember back that far...what was your biggest, most irrational fear about your kids?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That I would accidentally break her fingers or toes dressing her. They are so little I kept thinking how much weaker they are than an adults and they kept getting caught in her clothes.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• kabbot . . I used to worry about that too. And cait . . I used to worry about my daughter's head also. I would brush her hair ever so gently!! Oh, and I was afraid of smothering her with my boob while breastfeeding.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• hurting her arms while dressing her, and dropping her.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• That I would hurt him while changing his clothes. I took one of those parenting classes with hubby and I freaking ripped the dolls arm off trying to get the shirt on. Scared the carp out of me ;-D!
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 10:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• That I would forget her somewhere,not being used to being a mom,and my fear came true,I left her at church.when she was 7 weeks old.I almost got home,and realized I did'nt have her,I freaked,when I got back to the church our pastors wife was holding ,dying laughing,she said she knew ,I was leaving her,but wanted to see how far I would get before I noticed. So DON'T MESS WITH THE CRAZY PERSON LOl
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I always thought I would break his little arms and legs while changing him, like I was too rough or something of course I wasn't, but I was still so scared.
    NicsMommy29

Answer by NicsMommy29 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I forgot all about how scared I was to change her clothes in the beginning. It was HELL that first week, we thought we'd break her lmao.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• my car doesnt have automatic locks...so i lock my keys in my car fairly often. my baby was born in June & i was scared to death i was going to lock her in the car w/ my keys. i even had a plan in case it happened (find a big rock & break out the passenger side window). luckily, i never had to do it!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• That he would quit breathing for no reason. I checked his breathing all the time, he's 2 and I still check it often.q
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• OMG...I had a horrible fear of leaving my daughter somewhere too...and the funny thing is that I worry just as much with my second one as I do my first. Just today as I was driving I hadn't heard my baby for a few mins and my heart stopped until I checked my rearview mirror and made sure she was there! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2009