how do i keep my ex from making my life miserable?

I am having a really hard time with my daughters father(shes 3) we have joint custody, and i cant talk to him about anything regarding her because he aggravates me so much. and now he refuses to help me with childcare because according to him child support is enough, and he cant afford anything else. i honestly dont know how to deal with him for the next 15years.

speedy6

Asked by speedy6 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't know. Sorry.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 10:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I think in time you'll better be able to talk to him. Usually after a break up there is still hard feelings or still feelings there. Give it time and just try to deal with your child the best you can on your own. I had a hard time with my ex too for awhile but after we both moved on and got over the hurt we started talking more about the kids, and now have a good relationship where the kids are involved.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 10:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• im sorry, im having kind of the same issue, but im trying to make it work with him, and its just not, i have a question in there too, but my sons dad says that him paying for his healthcare is enough. i just say that him being there for him and loving him would be enough but he doesnt even do that.
    MickeysMom19

Answer by MickeysMom19 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• make his life suck! LOL no i would take him back to court, but only if you know he makes more than you do! my cousin has to pay...get this...$2000.00 a month for child support for his two kids, AND...$3500.00 for their daycare!!!! His ex could take them somewhere else, but because she isnt paying she wont, and she is a trama RN but higher than a RN she is all but the DR! so you know she makes damn good money, and he is like a mortgage broker! so i would say you need to do something! and i would also tell him, you dont like him either, but for the sake of your daughter you need to get along, because she is going to start picking up on that tension and not want to go to one place or the other! and that will be bad for both of you. good luck hunny!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• This sounds exactly like my ex-husband. Maybe they are brothers! LOL! Sorry that I can't give you any advice, as I am in the exact same boat.

But if you do find an answer, please let me know. I've been dealing with this for two years. Good Luck.
    dre0914

Answer by dre0914 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2009