how you disaplin you child

prettimama88

Asked by prettimama88 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a baby younger than 1 there isnt much you can do wexcept keep repeating yourself and taking the baby out of the situation and distracting with something else when they do something you dont like. Not sure how lod yours is, but maybe soem more details would help
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• It's kind of hard to discipline a 0-12 mo old. Really discipline shouldn't really become an issue until about 14 mos. Until then a firm no and redirect is really all that's necessary. Your question is quite vague.
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 10:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I have a 17 yr old,so like putty in my hand . Take the Cell phone ,Her Car keys,Softball game.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• We practice gentle discipline. We redirected and were repetitive before one.We use a lot of positive reinforcement, and we do time outs, but we do not spank. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Well I would first suggest that you learn how to spell...discipline...
    Anonymous

• I have 4 kids, so it depends on wich child. But since this is the baby catigory, I assume your asking for that age. My youngest is 9 mo. He is crawling and pulling himself up on things and into that exploration faze. If he is getting into somethng that I don't want him to, then I tell him no in a deep tone, and remove him from the situation and take him to a toy and in higher "praise" voice encourage him to play with his toys. If he decides that the other thing is more interesting, then I will swat him on his diapered butt and redrect him again. But, he now gets that "NO" ina deep tone means stop and do something eles, he will usually do as he is told.

lol.. okay let the bashing being...

daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Anon 11:17....that was rude...if you are going to answer question with that kinda of attitude you shouldn't answer them at all. People come here for help not to be ridiculed and made fun of. Prettimama, you should try time outs, take the situation away from them. More like take them away from the situation. Once you have taken them away enough times they will realize that you don't want them doing or being around what they are......
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i think under a year they're too young to get the concept of discipline. however, i've put my son in his play pen and given him some toys if he keeps getting into something he should be. it kind of distracts him for awhile and then i bring him out in a little bit, after i've moved the perilous "toy" away.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 11:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My son is 9 months old. Whenever he is getting into something he isn't supposed to, or doing something that would otherwise be dangerous, I just tell him "no" and remove him from the situation, and try to distract him with a different activity. He used to try to stand up while in the bathtub. Every time he did that, bathtime is over. Now he knows to not stand up in the tub, or try to. He loves his bath!
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• well. its hard since you didnt mention an age. if your baby is too young to walk you might just want to say no in a deeper voice, and be firm and consistant, dont let it happen some times and not others. then take him/her out of the room and doing something else. if your baby is too young to crawl then you need mental help! j/k! i highly doubt thats the case here lol. good luck. if you could be more specific and want more advice, let me know, and message me or something. im glad to help =]

omg i spelled consistent wrong because i was typing fast. bash me QUICK!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:23 AM on Mar. 23, 2009