Do you do "spring cleaning"?

What do you do different than your "regular" cleaning?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always majorly clean, but spring cleaning is different, because it's usually one of the first times that I can have all the windows open and usually, we will put away our winter clothes and pull out our summer clothes. CAN'T WAIT!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Clean out closets and such. I also go through all our old stuff and call Good Will to pick up a big load every year, stuff the kids lost interest in or have outgrown, stuff my dh has said he will fix but never does, maybe someone else will do it if I cant get him to. This is also the time of year I will rearrange furniture if I am bored with it. And a ton of gardening at the beginning of spring too.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I usually get rid of all the useless stuff I've been hording all year.

And I clean things I don't normally clean, like the ceiling fans and vents...
    Anonymous

• I put cold weather clothes away and bring out warm weather stuff. Clean up the yard.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• CLEAN EVERY ROOM, CLOSET, GARAGE YOU NAME IT, GET RID OF ALOT OF OLD STUFF AND START FRESH WITH NEW. I'M ON A ROLL RIGHT NOW DOING MY SPRING CLEANING.
    Anonymous

• I clean regularly but I get rid of a bunch of stuff in the spring ( I also do it in the fall too).
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Windows, blinds, carpets, walls, dryer hose and chute, pull out all major appliances and clean under & behind them, pull out all stationary furniture to clean under & behind those, repaint where needed, change curtains, rake out the plant bedding around the house, rake the whole yard and bag it up for recycling, burn all the fallen limbs and branches, take out the patio furniture and grill and clean them down really well, go through warm weather clothes and donate what I know I won't wear and make rags from any that are stained (sometimes stains won't show at first, but will after being stored for a few months), purchase warm weather clothes for myself and children - whatever is needed, get the chimney cleaned and inspected, get the heater and a/c unit cleaned and inspected, pull out all the lawnmower and weedwacker and have hubby prepare them for summer, pull out my summer recipes and start buying the ingredients.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Oh, and I also wash all blankets, comforters, and quilts, dry them well, and store them away for the summer. I spray the mattresses with Febreeze and air them out for the day and pull out the lightweight bed coverings - wash them, if they need it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2009