whats the worst comment you heard someone say about you?

Today my husband and i were standing in front of a taco truck with our son and some guys were standing by us and my dh heard one of them say "i cant believe they are having children" Meaning that he doesnt approve of us being a bi-racial couple!
my dh is white and i am mexican and black.
the guys are white.
i cant believe how evil people can be!
He is lucky my dh didnt knock his teeth out!! i told my dh we dont need to stoop down to his ignorant level!
Plus there is so many bi-racial peopla and couples here in california i am sure we are not the first he has seen!

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 10:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Can't remember...something about my teeth, probably. I don't care.

You know what, though? We were at this ice cream place earlier, and my 4 yr old daughter stumbled on the steps. I hear some lady at a table about 7 ft away from us laugh and say, "So how's that walking going?" I wanted to slap that b*tch.
    Anonymous

• Well first to you... I AM SORRY! that people can still only see skin deep! that is just pathetic! Of all the shit that is going on in the world today and that is what they are worried about! give me a freakin break!

It wasnt so much as a comment but an isult...we have a DJ where i live that is really good and we follow him around. and he does deck parties every thursday. well one night a few years ago, i ran into some old high school people i used to talk to not really hang with but talked to, and we were dancing and he said so when are you due, and i turned around WITH A DRINK IN MY HAND and said what? like i didnt hear him, and he was like oh never mind...talk about RUDE! and to be honest i didnt look pregnant! there are times i think i do now, but i wasnt and i was drinking!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I was told that my husband and I were a "strange couple". Seriously, I can't believe someone said that to you. That was incredibly rude and ignorant. I can't imagine how many wonderful people I'd have missed knowing if I thought that way!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I've been called fat many, many times over the years.
    I've been called a bitch by my sisters.
    I've been called at least a million different rude names but I'm sure the
    worst has yet to come.
    JulianaRose

Answer by JulianaRose at 11:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I'm a foster mom, I'm white and my SO is Japanese. When we have black or Hispanic kids we will hear comments like "I wonder if he knows none of those kids are his"...lol...yep, considering we got them as toddlers, I think he might know.

One time I had my daughter into my aunt's restaurant...my daughter loves to pretend she is a waitress so my aunt ordered her a little apron and tray and gave her a little order pad to go around with....well she was following my cousin (one of the waitresses) around pretending to take orders and everyone was saying how cute she was...except two crotchety old people that thought they were whispering...I was pregnant and they commented "Oh great, she's having another one when she can't control the one she has". I couldn't help myself...I turned around and made a comment back about how getting old must suck the joy out of life.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• In high school, a person who I thought I was a friend said that I was worthless and should off myself.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I know what you mean OP. I've had that happen to me a few times with my DD because I'm white and her father is black.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:19 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My brother-in-law called me a fat cow I couldnt help it I told him at least I'm not built like a 8 year old boy like your wife ( i'm 5'3 and a size 5 )
    I've been called psycho by a loved one
    Not a day goes by I'm not called some dirty name by an in-law
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:56 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• That I was an abusive mother for spanking. My oldest daughter told me she is "traumatized" by the spankings I gave her as a child. They were over her clothes and by my hand when she most deserved it. My other 2 daughters assured me that they are not traumatized, but my oldest has hurt me to the core and I cry when I think of how badly she feels. I never beat her, never used a belt, and never left a mark. I'm sure her feelings were hurt, but I was frustrated when she outright defied me. I had worse when I was a child and I'm not traumatized - it was a way of life growing up. What has changed?

I'll post as anon in case any bashers out there want to hurt me more than I already am.
    Anonymous