Birth Control Pills.

Is it really wrong to take birth control pills? I use it because My husband and I are not wanting to have another child right now. I hear on here that it is wrong or maybe a sin to do that. Please let me know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You should never, ever let what someone says on here affect the way you feel about things.

Birth control is NOT wrong. In fact, it is a wonderful tool when used correctly. I have the IUD myself.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• birth control is not wrong
    Anonymous

• Depends on your religion. I am Catholic and depending on who you talk to, birth control is against the Catholic religion. Well. that is one of the many Catholic "rules" that I don't agree with. If God didn't want bc used, he wouldn't have allowed it to be made.

I don't feel bc is wrong. I have used bc pills on and off since I was 18.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Okay here's the BC argument (that I don't agree w/ btw)

The argument against BC is that it interferes w/ God's will.

The argument against abortion is that it's murdering a life in progress.

Two totally different arguments.

I think God gives us free chioce for a reason and since there is no baby yet when you take BC it is not wrong b/c it's not murder or against commandments.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 11:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• First of all, you need to decide for yourself what you believe is morally right or wrong- not go by what whoever on Cafemom thinks is right or wrong! What are your feelings or beliefs about the bcp? My feelings are that it's less of a 'sin' to take a pill preventing ovulation than to have a child that you are not ready to have. That's my opinion... which may or may not be yours.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:16 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Thank you ladies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• personally, i think birth control is amazing. there is nothing wrong about protecting yourself from pregnancy if you are not in a place in your life where your ready to have kids. never let anyone else's opinions decide for you. as for "god's will" ...he is the almighty all powerful god right? if it is his will for you to have a baby i don't think a little BC pill will stop that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Not using birth control is extremely irresponsible.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:49 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• You reporductive decisions are yours and yours alone. If you feel it is something you want or need to do, then do it! I think it is very wrong to bring children into the world without any thought as to whether or not you can support them throughout their entire childhood, and that includes college tutition. I also don't think people should have a child unless it is something they both want a lot!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:10 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I think that the pill is up to each women to decide on personally. I do not and cannot, and i have seen it do more harm than good in a good amount of my friends and now they cannot be on it. But one might feel it is not right and another one might not. i dont know all my fact about exactly how it works, so i cannot speak on that. All i know is that me and 4 of my friends got blood clots while on it. So anything that can do that, i dont speak highly of.... but that is just from my experience. know the fact and know if it could harm you at all or if you may be at risk for anything....
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 8:15 AM on Mar. 23, 2009