how can i tell if this is my plug

i had a glob of yellowish mucus come out of me tonight but this is not the first time this had happened. i would like to know is it my plug and should i go to the hospital?

babygirl25283

Asked by babygirl25283 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it might be, but no reason to go to the hospital unless you are having contractions close together or your water broke. Your plug can come out all at once, it chunks, or stringy, and it can reform also if you dont go into labor for awhile. If it doesnt have any blood in it too I wouldnt get to excited, but rest up because regardless labor is going to be hard work when it comes.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Nope. Stay home and rest. Hospital staff isn't all that interested in your plug because it's such an insignificant 'milestone'. Losing your plug means nothing because labor can be days or weeks away. I lost mine twice with my last pregnancy and I ended up being induced for a post date pregnancy.
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 11:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• it MIGHT just be discharge because from time to time i get HUGE globs like that and i freak out, but basically as long as your not bleeding, or leaking fluids or having contractions then you should be fine. How many weeks are you?
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2009