how to get baby to sleep in a crib?

my baby refuses to sleep in her crib. she sleeps in her swing. i raised the matress but it still doesn't help. any ideas?

DaryaK

Asked by DaryaK at 11:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Weird as it may sound, can you remove the swing seat and place it into the crib? Then after a bit, when she gets used to the crib surround, try to move the seat part out.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• the way we had to get our dd in her crib was.....(cuz she slept in my arms or in her swing ONLY!!!) We got her into a schedule. Bathtime....then bottle.....then she gets wrapped up in her fave blanket....with a little piece on the back of her head so that when I lay her down she doesn't feel my arm leaving the back of her head or neck. Once she is almost completely asleep, I lay her in her crib, turn her heartbeat bear on, the night light and walk out of the room. She's good to go for about 6 hours. then its time to eat. how old is she??
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i have the same problem, she sleeps in her swing and she is fine. put her in her crib and all she does is scream, not cry, but scream. it makes it alittle hard because her sister sleeps in that same room. at this point the swing is in our room at night, i will watching this question for sure, good luck to you.
    lilredsfrm67

Answer by lilredsfrm67 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Maybe you can get one of those sleeping wedge so she has the sense of being enclosed? You could also swaddle her, or get the safe-and-secure sleeper (babies-r-us sells them) it is something you can put in your bed, but it is much smaller than the crib, and almost bassinet-sized so she isn't lying in an open space. My son slept in a bassinet for the first few months, or a carrier, until we got the safe-and-secure sleeper. We just placed that in his crib and put him in it. He slept fine. We removed it once he got active.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Swaddle, Swaddle, Swaddle!!!! DD had the same problem...as soon as her head hit the mattress she was wide awake! I bought a swaddling blanket by Kiddpotamus and it has worked wonders! The first night I used it she slept 6 1/2 hours straight in her crib. HTH!
    1andTrying

Answer by 1andTrying at 12:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• You don't mention the age...but check out "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley...a lot of moms find it helpful.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:47 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Put the swing seat in the crib? Are you kidding???? You aren't even supposed to have blankets in a Crib.. I would be afraid the swing seat would tip OR even if it is just the padding of the swing, afraid that he/she would move and suffocation would occur!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Mar. 23, 2009