my son goes for his 1year check up tomorrow what do they do? well what did they do when you went?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes this is when they get the most shots. They may do things differently where you are but my son got 4 or 5 shots on his one year check up. He was on schedule for his immunizations so I know they weren't catch up shots from missing any previous ones. But I'm sure you know to give motrin or ibuprophen at least a half hour before the shots. The great thing is that usually the 15 and 18 month shots are only one each and then they are done until age 4!(unless you do flu shots) Be strong mommy! Good Luck :)
    aidengrant07

Answer by aidengrant07 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Not alot different from the previous ones. Weight, height, are they talking yet, how many words, what are they learing physically (walking? climbing? crawling?) Are they on table foods yet, how many hours of sleep a night, how many naps. Just generally asking alot of questions. And it is a good time for you to ask questions too, take a list if you forget easily.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• they weighed and measured my little girl checked her ears just an overall check up like all the previous ones. If you are doing the immunization shots this is when they give the MMR
    Anonymous

• Shots, Physical exam, height , weight, And they run down a list of do they do this..
    Mostly like about how many words, walking, climbing just the basic stuff they either can or can not do at this age, Just tell the truth, Its not bad if yours doesn't do it all... Its normal for children to progress at different rates.
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 1:07 AM on Mar. 23, 2009