Downloading music?

DH downloads music and movies all the time. He has thousands of files, and says theres no chance he can get caught, and deletes it after he downloads it (copies it to a folder). I'm afraid he will get caught, and in turn I will get in trouble as well, although I have never personally downloaded anything. What are the chances he can get caught, and me getting in trouble as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Entertainment

• I personally have never known anyone that was caught, but almost everyone I know has gotten computer viruses from illegal download sites. They are rampent on those sites.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 1:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I prefer to pay for what I download. It's not just the companies that you are stealing from. It's the artists, actors, producers, crews and the thousands of people it takes to make a film or album. Why do you think DVDs and CDs are going up in price? Because we have to replace the revenue that people like your husband steal. On some sharing sites, People can use the software to hack into your computer. I wouldn't put my banking or personal information on the computer he uses to illegally download. It may end up costing you way more in the end then it was worth.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 4:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009