Why do people think if you have a boy and girl, that there is no reason to try for a third?

This makes me mad. I have a boy. I want another boy. People tell me that if I go and have a girl, I should just stop and leave it at that. "It's the million $ family". So what!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Ha, yeah. We had a boy, then a girl. We got the "million $" family comment, too. But we didn't feel done, so we went for another and had another boy. 3 is our perfect #.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 3:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• That's okay- I have 2 girls so people always tell me that I have to have a third to give my husband his boy. His girls are his life- he doesn't care about having a boy. I always say that if we have another child, it will just be to have another child to love- not because we're shooting for a boy. People can just be idiots sometimes!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• NOTB. None of their business.

If you want another and can afford it, go for it.

I think the norm today is two and people get freaked out whenever they see parents with more. Look at the fascination with the shows like "18 Kids and Counting" , Jon & Kate Plus 8, etc.

I hope you have a boy soon.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Why do you worry about what other people think? It has no bearing on your life, so forget about it.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• hahah lol iget the same thing i got a girl and then i got pregnant again and then it was a boy people told me to stop im good but lol i want more so dont listen to those idiots old folk wifes tales i guess have as many as you want as long as you can handle more than u are good !
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• No bearing on my life? you can't be serious right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I think she meant that other people's opinions have no bearing on your life, not how many kids you have.
    Anonymous

• Hahaha, I totally feel your pain. I have a 31 month old daughter and an 11 month old son and everyone looks at us like we have 2 heads when we say we're planning on have one more baby. My mother-in-law even said "why, you have a boy and girl. you're family is done."

For me, I have never cared what the sex was. I just want 3 children. Some people feel their family is complete with 1 child, some 2. For us, we feel we'll be complete with 3. How many children you should have is a personal decision between you and your husband. When people are rude, just say "we feel one more blessing will complete our family."
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• exactly thrivingmom
    me too. 3 is a good #. i would be happy with 3 boys. i am also ok if i have 2 girls. i just know i want more and the sex doesnt determine that #. i hate when people say it should.
    Anonymous