Postpartum

has anyone ever had postpartum disorder after 1 year my son just turned 1 year and just wondering of any one has ever felt this???????ust that I have no enegy and don't want to do anything with him, ( I still do though) is this postparum or not.....I do make a point to do everything I have always done but I feel like I don't want to and that I am to tired and feel like I amm failing as a mother.....PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I haven't gone through this. There are times I get fustrated. But every mother does. It more sounds like you need a night alone with nothing but Rest and Relaxation in mind. Try getting a sitter for over night.. order your favorite food, and some movies, and a bottle of wine (if you like wine, or some other drink you may enjoy) and just relax. Take a nice warm bath before bed. This normally helps me when I feel down and tired. I normally do it about once a month. So that I can have "me" time. Good luck. PM me anytime you want to talk more about this.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:37 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Have you had your thyroid checked? After I had my daughter I felt really crapy. Tired all the time really edgy... I had my thyroid checked and it was under active. Now i'm on a low dose of medicine and it has helped a ton. I guess It's pretty comon after prgnancy.
    Melissa6280

Answer by Melissa6280 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 23, 2009