Are you lonely or scared @ night if your hubby or so is gone?

I'am.. Im a light sleeper always checkin in on my kids, I make rounds lol. lookin out the window, checking doors, investigating sounds I hear. I know I sound insane but I hate being alone at night. I watch too many scary movies, I guess!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd suggest a home alarm. It'll make you feel safer.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I always go around before bedtime and make sure the doors are all locked, but other than that, I'm alright. I have 2 dogs that bark when a fly 1/4mile away farts . . . no one is getting in this house without one hell of a warning!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Yep I have thought of that... But they go off sometime for no reason. But I guess it would be alittle safer. At least Id know when I was gonna get mugged.
    Anonymous

• I wasnt bad until someone tried to break in and I happened to be sleeping on my couch (dh was suppost to be home for lunch he works 3r) and heard my screen door open and someone messing with my door thinking it was dh i turned on my tv and the person got scared and ran off slamming my screen after that dd sleeps in my room in her bed or mine and I lock us in the room and dh and i have a knock that way i know its him and not someone that borke in
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I'm the same way, and so are many other women. It's normal.

What helped me was I stopped watching scary things, especially "crime time" shows.
    Anonymous

• I'm so paranoid when my husband isn't home that I feel better if our son sleeps in the same bed with me. I double check windows and doors, too. Sometimes I freak out so much I have to close and lock my bedroom door. I can't even watch scarry movies, watching the news freaks me out enough. I just have to remind my self that we are in a very safe town and neighborhood and they're townhouses so there are several people very close by. I know just how you feel. I've even thought about those window alarms, but if it accidentally went off I would have a heart attack. I didn't get this way until our son was born. I can take care of myself, but the thought of something happening to my baby terrifies me.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 12:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Well I had my car stolen like 2 years ago. And like 4 days before it happened my house key with my car key on it was missing, I thought I misplaced them. but the few days my keys were gone, my husband would come home first. saying I didnt lock door when I left. And I knew I did. SO the night my car was stolen, the cops brought me my keys from the dude and were my house keys! So that made me a little scared from then on. B/c, I have no clue how he got my keys and if my keys were home.. It means so Was I. ANd I found a mens t shirt in my laundry room. For all I know he was coming in our home while we were @ work. Now Im just insane about checking everything!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• If you don't want a home alarm because they go off accidentally sometimes, how about asking a friend over whenever you're alone? Or maybe go for a sleep-over to grandmas?
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:03 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I suggest you get yourself a big dog. I found my guy at a No Kill Shelter. A good place to find a great pet is at petfinder.com
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:08 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I am use to it but when it comes to storms i am a chicken...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Mar. 23, 2009