Downsyndrom

I just found out a girl I used to be friends with new baby (2 days old) might have downsyndrom I want to reach out to her but I havent talked to her in years. I feel so bad she's overwhelmed with a 4 year old son at home. Is there a way that I can reach out to her to let her know I'm thinking of her and shes in my thougts and prayers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Health

• Ok. a) it's Down Syndrome

and

b) Just let her know you are there for her. Drop her a note or call her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• You could tell her she's in your thoughts and prayers. And Down Syndrome isn't a deadly disease or something to be too shook up about. Sure she's in it for life but a lot of kids with Down Syndrome are real sweethearts and have a way of melting hearts. Sure she'll have her challenges, as with any kids, but there is a lot of reciprocity.
    anna_ny

Answer by anna_ny at 2:08 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Approach her just like you would if the child didn't have it.Ask if there is any way you could help out.Sometimes you just want someone to watch them so you can get a nap in! Don't approach her like her kid was dying or something,it's a disorder,not a disease!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 23, 2009