c-section question

My husband and I want to have another baby in a few years. I will have to have another c-section. Is it any different from the first? Anything different to expect?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope. I had two, no big deal. Just a little longer recovery period. Nothing special.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• hey i have a question for you rather than me posting one about this
    (if i want a C-section can i schedule one for around 38weeks) i heard you can do that..i dont want to sound selfish by asking that.

Also, does it hurt? and how bad does it leave a scar and/or stretch marks?
    i would just like to view my options!
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I had 2.. actually the 2nd was faster recovery for me. And you will prob have your kid a little early. I dont see the point in going inot labor if your having a c-section. Docs are amart these days. And I only have one scar not 2.. my doc cut out the other scar. I think 2nd time is better not as scary and you know what to expect. My first child I had at 40 weeks but was planned, i didnt go into labor and same with my 2nd.. She was born early b/c, I was pre clamp. But 2nd time was a breeze. My kids are 7 years apart though. Good Luck~
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Its surgery so you will be sore... cut is a bikini cut ,it not on your stomach. And strech marks has nothing to do with how you give birth.
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• sometimes it can be on your stomach, from the belly button down. but i have had 2, about 13 months apart, and the second one was same as the first, not too bad, just sore.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 12:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Of course the recovery will be painful, it's major surgery but with the pain meds they give you it's not too bad. I've also had two and am about to have my third in 4 days....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:27 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I thought my second c-section was eaiser than the first...The recovery was shorter than with the first. Maybed it hepled because I had been through the c-section song and dance before. My second birth was cake compared to my first one....
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 1:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My 1st was a harder recovery, but then... that was the only one I had labor with (24 hours worth!). It was an emergency c-section with an epidural from labor.

My next two (2nd and 3rd c-sections) were easier recoveries. Both recoveries were about the same, but the 2 births were different. I was awake with a spinal for my 2nd c-section and was under general anesthesia b/c of low platelets with my 3rd (and had a tubal ligation during it).
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 4:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2009