He says "Thank you"??????

I have been getting very irritated with my husband lately. Any time we have sex, as soon as we get done he says "thank you." Nothing else. I have asked him quite a few times why he says it and he's like to let you know I appreciate you having sex with me. I was like uh yea you know it is great for me to so please don't say thank you! Still no mater what I do he is saying 'thank you.' Like having sex with him is my obligation and he is glad I am doing my job. It is bugging the crap out of me!

Anyone else have an issue like this, or do you have any advice on getting him to stop? Talking with him sure hasn't helped! Maybe he is hoping I just say thank you back, I don't know it is just so annoying!!!

Men.........lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Could this be a reflection of how he thinks he'd like to be thanked for things he does for you? In other words, maybe if you really overwhelmed him with thanks the next time he helps you bring in the groceries, clean the house, whatever....he will feel very appreciated and maybe that will make him back off with the un-needed thank you in bed. Sort of reverse-psychology.

Just an experiment, it wouldn't hurt to try it.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:08 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Would you rather him say "that sucked"? Seems to me like he's trying to tell you he appreciates you in his "man" way. Dont get all upset. It could be alot worse.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:31 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Maybe say "You're Welcome"??
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 12:41 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Say enthusiastically and flirtatiously, "No, thank YOU!" :)

squish

Answer by squish at 12:49 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Don't have that problem. My husband says thank you because he's grateful I gave in and gave him some. We haven't had sex in 3 months, I better get a huge Thank You the next time we do or he'll wait 6 months next time. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I say thank you fairly often (after sex). I say it because I'm appreciative of his efforts to please me (probably because my ex couldn't care less). I understand he makes a choice to be with me, and I always want him to know that I get that.
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 12:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• "Like having sex with him is my obligation and he is glad I am doing my job"

If your husband cooked you an amazing dinner and you really enjoyed it, odds are you would say thank you. He wouldn't have cooked out of obligation and you wouldn't thank because he was "doing his job" He would have done it out of love and you would likely thank out of love and APPRECIATION. Try to look at the sex issue the same way. You are (hopefully) having sex with your husband because you love him and he is saying thank you because he appreciates the gesture. Because he loves & appreciates that you love him enough to show it to him in that way. That says to me that he doesn't take your love for granted. Just my 2 cents though.

Anonymous

• My dh did this and I put a kabosh on it. It made me feel like I had just "serviced" him.
    Anonymous

• If this is your worst complaint about him, I'd say you are pretty lucky. Especially since you say you enjoyed it too. Just smile and say back to him, "No, THANK YOU".
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009