HELP PLEASE! I can't lose our home!

my daughter is 2yrs old and always very loud at night, and I try 2 get her 2 be quiet, but she refuses 2 listen. I live in an apartment and we've already gotten 2 noise complaints and if we get one more complaint we will be kicked out please help I can't lose our home!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• How exactly is she loud? Crying because she doesn't want to sleep? Yelling and running before bedtime?
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:11 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• If this is a serious problem you should take her to her doctor and talk this over with the doctor.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• She runs and yells and cries out of refusal 2 sleep
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I'm sorry but I'd spank the mess out of a kid that fought me on sleeping. At our house bed time is a No-bulls*it time and when we say go, you'd better go or your getting a spanking.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• She is a two-year-old, throwing a tantrum. I honestly don't think a landlord can evict you for this, but even if they do maybe this isn't the place you want to call home!
    I do know how you feel, though. I have a two year old and it seems like she is always crying. We live in a townhome and I always feel bad for my neighbors.
    Maybe you could talk to your neighbors and let them know her age and that this is just a phase. If she is a normal, healthy two-year-old she will grow out of it. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Oh and please don't take Istricklands advice. A two-year-old is far too young to understand what a spanking is!
    I hope your not serious Istrickland, thats the worst advice I've seen yet!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• you should probably go to your landlord and have a talk. they should know that your daughter is two and has tantrums. if its just because it is too late at night try putting her to bed early and you yourself go to bed a little early. its hard for me too because my son is almost three and also VERY loud all the time, but people around us have learned to deal with it. it sucked for a while because i wanted to be the one who stayed up so i could have "me" time because at night is really the only time i get it. just try to put her to bed early and start your "me" routine early also. if you have a show or something thats on and thats the reason you stay up try recording it or see if someone else can do it for you. hope i helped =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:31 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I have let the neighbors know and they still complain im really trying and I used to spank her 4 it but that only makes her louder im so frustrated idk what 2 do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My son still is in his crib even though he is two and is 36" tall. We moved the mattress down to the floor so he can't get out. We also ramp him down from dinner time until bedtime for about an hour to an hour and a half by giving him a warm bath with lots of play time, story and play time in his room after he's dressed in his jammies, and then we dim the lights way down and put on some quiet classical music. He's held in our lap(depending on who is putting him to sleep that night) and we sing quietly to him and rock for about 15 minutes. He gets so tired this way. Before he is asleep, we put him in his crib and say, "night-night" and close the door.

He sometimes tries to get us to come back by talking to us, but he never yells, and since he's confined in the crib, he lays down and goes to sleep.

Maybe you can try something like this for your child? Also-the key is to keep all sugar (including juice) not for dinner!!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:33 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Thank u 4 all ur suggestions keep them comin they r greatly appreciated
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2009