what would you do if you heard one of your kids cussing?

and i mean the big ones, f***. it's so surprising how many young teenagers (13, 14, 15) you hear using bad language.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I like the idea of a jar where "fines" are placed for every bad word. Charge your child for each cuss word out of their allowance and put it in the jar. Keep the jar's total handy to make sure no one is reclaiming their money! At the end of the year, have everyone decide what charity to donate the "windfall" to.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:17 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• soap, soap, soap!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I posted a question similar to this earlier. It is not acceptable and I do like the jar idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My son he is 10 he doesn't cuss but he will go darn beep beep beep
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I caught my son cursing before. First I looked at him as though what he said shocked and sickened me. Then I told him that I understood that he was upset but he needs to find other ways to express his frustration, I EXPLAINED to him that people who use those words use them because they can't think clearly or they have no other way of expressing their feelings. I asked him if he knew what they really ment and he said he didn't, but he knew they were used when people were really mad.
    I asked him if he thought he was smart and he said "Yes" and I said "Good, I know you are so smart that you can speak intellegently and express yourself without resorting to filthy words"

He looked at me like "Yeah Mom, you're right" and I have never heard curse again or even use a word "in place" of a curse word.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 12:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Not sure what I will do when that time comes. (dd is 15 months). I know soap won't work. That's the first thing she tries to stick in her mouth while taking a bath, lol. I will probably cut out an activity of hers for the day and talk to her about why it is bad to swear.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Fornification
    Under
    Carnel
    Knowledge

Thats what it stands for...meaning sex before marriage knowing its wrong

And that said, I'd pop the kid in the mouth.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Sorry lstrickland but actually that's not what it stands for. That's just a myth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Mar. 23, 2009