As a mom, what are your top 5 issues in politics?

Why those issues? How do those issues relate to your being a mother?

Just curious!

momof3inTN

Asked by momof3inTN at 12:22 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Environment

Sustainable food production

Healthcare

Education

Poverty- although I think that will be at a minimum if some of the above are dealt with.

Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 9:59 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I do not like the whole GIVE Act being put before the Senate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I would have to say my top issues with politics is

1. Healthcare, I do not belief in Universal Healthcare whatsoever but I do believe we need to come up with a system that is more competitive and lowering the prices of insurance premiums. I do not want government run healthcare and making decisions for me and my children based on what the government feels I need.

2. Education, I belief take politics out of education and it will improve drastically. I also believe in homeschooling if your able to do so.

3. Illegal Immigration, I do not agree with people living over here under any means if they are not legal to do so. No matter the steps it takes to become a citizen here in America it should be followed because it is the law. I feel that illegal immigration is one of our biggest issues when it comes to the finances in this country.

Im about to run out of characters lol, so will continue.
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 12:28 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Continue.

4. Government needs to be put back in there place where they belong, this is probally my biggest issue right now, Government is becoming too big, as a Mother this bothers me more so for my children because I can only imagine what they will deal with when they are older, its growing now at a fast pace by the time they are grown if things don't change this country will not look like the America that was founded by our forefathers.

5. Terrorism is another thing I worry about. I feel we have let our guard down here in America and it can come back and bite us in the butt so to speak. Also feel that we need to realize that we can not govern the world we need to start at home, we have eneough mess here in America that we need to take care of home first.
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 12:35 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Thanks lisadallasr! That list is awesome!

(Sorry, I have a 2 year old with a tummy ache which is currently preventing me from answering my own question. LOL I am hoping she will go to sleep soon.)
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 12:39 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• 1. illegal imm.
    2. mil. training
    3.education
    4. economy
    5. consit. rights
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• 1. Health Care
    2.The Economy and federal debt
    3.Social Security
    4.The Environment
    5. Civil Right (most importantly gay marriage because I want my daughter to live in a country that truly does not discriminate against people for reasons that they cannot control)
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 2:31 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• 1. Healthcare

2. Reproductive choices including the right to have an abortion

3. Social Security

4 Education
    LadyIsobel

Answer by LadyIsobel at 4:31 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• A Fiscally Responsible Government that doesn't mortgage my children's future to implement a partisan agenda, Stimulus and Bills that are rushed through in a PANIC and voted on before even read.

A Government that keeps its decision making bureaucratically filled policies out of Education.

Affordable Healthcare OPTIONS without bureaucratically infused decisions that are made to sway votes inlo of helping people.

A Future that enstills LIfe, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness WITHOUT Big Government being the determining factor on who is  worthy of any and all of those three.

An opportunity to live the American Dream, work hard, preavail and build a Future based on Freedoms and NOT policies.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:33 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• couldn't have said it better. I agree with Lisa!
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2009