How does being a mother influence your political views?

momof3inTN

Asked by momof3inTN at 12:23 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Very much so and not just as far as laws pertaining to children or parenting go . I want to leave a better world (country) for my children and also I want to know my rights and laws as it pertains to making the best choices for my children and family.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 1:30 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• It hasn't influenced mine yet. Of course, my son is only two, so that may change.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I will say I have not ever gotten into politics as I have this past year. I think being a mom my stance has changed, I realize now the mess we are in and realize how my kids will be more affected by our decisions today more than ever.
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 12:37 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i think i care more about health care now. when i got pregnant i didnt have health insurance and i saw what a mess our system was. i was told i made too much money (i had two jobs, one full time, one part time) and wasn't eligible for it. i had to cut back on my hours, meaning i wasn't making as much so after paying my rent, i barely had enough for groceries...but when i tried to apply for food stamps and WIC i STILL made too much because i was living with my boyfriend's father and they considered his retirement income!. oh, and don't think that after we got out and got married things were any easier. combined we make too much (we make like, just over 20 grand a year...we were about $180 over the poverty level.) i had to fight for my son's health care to be renewed and i only have family planning...which they didnt want to give me since i was married...i don't understand why the people who are out there working can't get help?
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 12:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i think it plays a part.... a big part.... i want what i think is going to be the best for my child
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I think if you pay back the system then you are good, but if you live off of it you are slime.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:44 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• SInce I have become a parent. I have become even MORE protective of ensuring my children have the right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness without BIG government intervention.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:13 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• It makes me care about our education system and laws the affect children more.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 7:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I always cared deeply about education and health care. Now if it's possible I care even MORE. Also there are laws regarding children and families that I never cared about before that concern me now. I don't know if it has to do with becoming a parent but public transportation has become a big thing too :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Being a mother has little influence over my views. My political views are rooted in what is Biblically right. If the politics don't line up with Jesus, then I don't hold to them. I also go by what is Constitutionally right. The Constitution is the law of this land and should be respected as such. Unfortunately, our government has long since thrown it out the window...and Obama is just the next in line and worse than all the rest. When our "president" says the Constitution is our greatest obstacle as Americans, there is something seriously wrong.
    ACsLady

Answer by ACsLady at 9:18 AM on Mar. 23, 2009