I'm nervous, any paragard iud moms out there?

I hoping someone that has gone through this, can give me some out put on it because I'm getting this done tomorrow. I'm extremely nervous about it, almost literally in tears. I hope I don't get a panic attack.

Anything helpful?

Thank you!

MinnieMouse8

Asked by MinnieMouse8 at 12:31 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Health

• let husband get a vysectomy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I don't have Paraguard, but I have the Mirena and I really love it. I have the one with hormones because I have a seizure disorder that it actually helps to regulate (weird huh?). It can be painful to have the IUD inserted, but before your doctor starts, you can ask them to numb your cervix. I am on my second IUD, and my doc was WONDERFUL about doing this for me because I had a lot of pain the first time. The second time was a breeze! This is a really great, safe, long-term solution for birth control, and while of course there are risks, the IUD is one of the safer choices of birth control (per my research, my doctor, the FDA, the CDC,and the World Health Organization). Good luck, you will be just fine!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 1:38 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• hi! i have had the paragard for 2 yrs now, and i dont rrmember it hurting at all! just like a normal pap smear. the Dr has to put in some sort of tube to put the device thru but its small and i dont think it hurt! its the best BC there is let me tell ya! no fuss guys cant feel it..and its 99.5% accurate!!! gotta love those odds!!!
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2009