help

my daughter has a rash on her chest and neck and she wont stop screaming and crying. i know i should take her to the doctor but is there anything i can do at home. she has also been fussy all day and is getting over a cold and she has a runny nose and cough

lmaines22

Asked by lmaines22 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not chicken pox?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:39 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I would try corn starch and take her to the doctor she probably has a yeast infection from all the drool and they will give you some nistatin powder and she will be fine. HOWEVER you SPELL it..
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 12:39 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i think it was gas..lol. i think the rash was just from maybe her rubbing herself or something cuz its gone now. i didnt even think of gas cuz i didnt think a 10 month old would get like that but she burped and seems to feel better
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 12:51 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• keep an eye on this though. It may be an allergy. So if it does come back, keep a record of it, and the foods she ate and what she came into contact with that day, etc. That way you will be better able to establish, just what caused the rash. Glad to hear it is gone now though and that gas is the culprit of the fussiness.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:16 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I'd bet it was from the drool and tears, mixed in with the heat from getting worked up. My daughter used to get all red and what looked like a rash when she'd get like that. I'm glad she's feeling better now!
    jemm

Answer by jemm at 1:59 AM on Mar. 23, 2009