HEATING PAD??

IS IT SAFE TO USE A HEATING PAD ON YOUR STOMACHE AND BACK....I AM FIVE MONTHS PREGO AND MY BACK IS BOTHERING ME AND MY LOWER ABDOMON. IS IT SAFE FOR THE BABY??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my doctor told me to NOT use a heating pad on my belly and back at all in my pregnancy. its way too hot to just let sit there and roast up your belly. its the same, if not worse than sitting in a very hot jacuzzi for a time longer than you are supposed to.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:43 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I used one with my oldest chid. She stayed in my ribs alot and the only thing that would get her to move was heat. I wouldnt leave it on for long just enough for her to move or the pain to stop. Just dont leave it on there long.

Hope it gets better for you!
    Madilynsmommy27

Answer by Madilynsmommy27 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Definately not okay on your stomach but a heating pad on low on your back IS okay....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:22 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• You can put a heating pad on your back. My doctor said that the heating pad is only too hot for the baby if it is too hot for you to tolerate it being on your skin. The concern is when you're entire body is overheated, not heat concentrated in one spot. You shouldn't put it on your belly, however.

Use a regular heating pad that you heat in the microwave. Not ones that heat via chemicals that combine when they touch your skin (like Icy-Hot patches. Icy-Hot is a no-no during pregnancy).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:59 AM on Mar. 23, 2009