Any ideas why I could be spotting between periods when this is not normal for me?

I had my period on March 5th thru the 10th. On Wednsday March 11th I had sex and yes it was unprotected. On Tuesday March 17th I began having some light bleeding more like spotting. It stopped and then started again around 9 am on Wednsday March 18th and has continued thru today. It has been a light pinkish or brownish color. I have always had a normal period and have never had bleeding or spotting between periods before or after sex. I also noticed some light crampiing last night and today,no major pain just a very mild cramping feeling is what it felt like I guess. I was planning on calling my OBGYN on Monday. What could be the cause of this?

BabyDoll20

Asked by BabyDoll20 at 12:44 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Health

• It's probably just an unusual period.. Maybe you should google it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• it could also be a sign that you're pregnant. I'd call your OBGYN anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• ovarian cysts-possibly breaking during sex and causing the cramps and light bleeding
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:44 AM on Mar. 23, 2009