What can I do? I am so fed up with my DF not wanting sex, that sometimes I want to leave even though, thats not really what I want I feel like I am at my wits end.

I have tried talking to him about it and I always get the same freakin answer "I am just not that horny" or "I am old, what do you expect" but he is only 29 almost 30, we have sex maybe every week if that and granted we have a seven month old and we live with his mom so it makes it kind of hard to just do it whenever, but still I have spoken with him about this everal times and NOTHING gets better, I have needs and to be honest if I wanted to do it myself all the time I would just be single, I get that he is under a lot of stress right now but come on, WTH is the deal what can I even do since talking gets me nowhere with him, I am at a loss. I do not want to leave because I love him very much, but I dont know what else to do to get him to wake up and realize that he needs to think about how I feel also, so sometimes I think that if I just leave it will make him wake up even though I doubt it, so what can I do? Please Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Give him a break...stress will kill libido. By hounding him you're merely adding to the stress.

Are you sure there's no medical reason as well? Testosterone problems will lower the male sex drive.

You also need to know that biologically speaking, he is "old." The male drive peaks in the teen years, while we peak in our 30s. Wanting sex once a week is pretty average for a man this age; the focus is no longer on mating but on providing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Nothing like living with mommy to kill a hard-on.

You all need your own place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• let the poor guy sleep and find a hobby like sewing if you love him give him some space!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Same thing I was thinking anon 11:58!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Answered at 9:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Nothing like living with mommy to kill a hard-on.

You all need your own place.

Do you really think thats a big part of it because, I cant help but feel like its just me, even though he assures me its not. It really is a huge blow to my ego I think thats why I take it so personally, and btw we are desparately looking for our own place
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• There is more to a relationship than sex Hon. Some women on here are so caught up with the fact that a man wants sex all the time. They confuse love with sex, poor things. Love is not all about sex. Any man will have sex with you, but not all will put a ring on your finger. Just remember that.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry my Hubby is 39 and we have a very healthy sex life... I don't think it's age, I think it's the nagging, whining, and yes living with Mommy... Find a place to move, his ego is in bad enough shape.. And yes men do equate sex with love so I would have a serious talk with him...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• OMG im like the ur bf and my honey wishes he probably had this problem lol. but i get it 3x a week and im tired out. sometimes its hot and sometimes its a quick fix but all the same its ok it aint the end of the world. my honey wants it everyday but i have a life and im just too tired. This is what we did and maybe it will help you, I do thing to him besides sex and it keeps him happy. Maybe if he can meet you in the middle if u know what I mean lol If hes tired then he should do OTHER things to keep you satisfied, thats fair!
    sholie

Answer by sholie at 1:30 AM on Mar. 23, 2009