So Hubby's going out of town for work and might not make it back in time for our anniversary on Tuesday night.

We have reservations to this dinner/play thing. I'm really upset and I want to be pissed at him but I really can't cause its works fault not his.

Anyways I'm a bit pissed and thinking about just scaping the plans and doing something on a different day..

What you you do? Risk him not making it and keep the reservations and pray he makes it or just go ahead and reschedual?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 1:17 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd say reschedule i know it's frustrating I feel you there. My hubby was in Iraq for our first and then in OK for training for our second and he is going to be in AZ for our next. We still always celebrate at a later date and it's great afterall it's about celebrating your love and lasting relationship it truley doesn't matter what day you do it on so long as you are together. But you don't have to miss out on the play...take a girlfriend and enjoy yourself rather than do what I did and stay in bed moping on our anniversary watching sad love movies lol
    ELEMommy

Answer by ELEMommy at 1:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My Hubby works over the road, gone normally 4 weeks at a time so trying to set a date for anything is nearly impossible... So I would just change it, don't stress over it, be thankful he has a job to take care of all of you...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 1:22 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• It happens. My husband has been out of the country for our before (or just out of state)

Just change the date of your reservations.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 1:25 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I'd reschedule. Don't be pissed- he has a job to go to. A lot of families wished they had a job. My husband was laid off for 4 months and when he went back to work, I said I'd never take it for granted again.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:26 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I agree with 4x4mum....my hubby has job training that usually takes place the whole week over our anniversary...we just plan around it, and he calls me to talk on 'the day'. I'm just glad to be married to him, and which day we celebrate doesn't matter, cuz we celebrate everyday. Besides, having grown children with their own plans and families makes even holidays have to be flexible, so just go with the flow, and relax, and enjoy whatever you do whenever you get to do it! Life's too short to stress over those things, really. We also, are glad he is employed.....
    islandwalker

Answer by islandwalker at 1:28 AM on Mar. 23, 2009