Baby Shower?

So I am having another boy. I was told it would be wrong to have another baby shower. Is that weird? I thought it was a welcome kind of thing for baby mothers passing down knowledge and loving the fat lady. just kinda confused that it would be a bad thing. any advice or comments? thanks just confused

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I believe that each child deserves their own baby shower. I mean whether you already have a child or two even of the same sex. I think it is sort oflike a Birthday party for that child prior to even being born. I mean there is always a spot for the baby shower in a baby book right? What are you going to just fill it out for your first born and then tell the other kid eh, sorry but you weren't first! Lol yeah ok. So no I don't think it is wrong to have another baby shower girl you and that baby deserve it and screw anyone who tells you it's wrong!!
    ELEMommy

Answer by ELEMommy at 1:28 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Usually you don't have a shower for the second kid of the same sex unless your family is all okay with it then who cares... I know the only reason I had one this time is b/c it's a girl, I already had a boy and we didn't get big things nor did I expect too. i think it can be okay as long as you don't expect big gifts and just stick to the basics. It just depends on your family and how they feel
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:30 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I would have a baby shower if i didnt have stuff .. when the babies get bigger you tend to get rid of there stuff and you want new stuff so girl i say go for it i would who cares what people think i dont think its wrong at all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Some people might think it's in bad taste, maybe some of your older relatives, but who cares? I wouldn't register for much. Probably just ask everyone to bring the necessities like diapers, skin care, etc. and then just have a good time.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:57 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• what the hell, why not! have a baby shower! who knows what if it just so happens its a girl? theres always that TINY mistake you NEVER know.. =]

my baby shower is this sunday...i cant wait! its my first one
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• if you want a shower you have a shower.....Each child is a DIFFERENT child...Sex doesnt matter...people really have to stop being cheap thats the problem....whom ever comes comes and who doesnt doesnt....look at it that way....GL
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 11:43 AM on Mar. 23, 2009