do you think its weird maybe tmi a little

okay I have a seven month old and well I am a SAHM so I am here alone with him alot and sometimes I will bring him in the bathroom while I go pee, and he thinks its just hilarious which I never gave a second thought about it until 2night after reading a post in a group about babies and nudity and whatnot so is this something thats just totally weird that I shouldnt do or do lots of moms do that sort of thing

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 1:22 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • My son is 10 and I have been raising him by myself for 8 years, before that his dad or I would give him a quick shower while he or I were in there. Unless your a pedophile, I personally think it is a bonding thing. These days we still leave the bathroom door open and yes I am known for getting dressed in the L/R but we have enough common sense and that built in thing in us that just says DON'T STARE!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:13 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• That's just totally ridiculous. Nudity is not an issue until you choose to make it such, and when you do, well, that is just kind of sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My three year old takes showers with me. I also take her in the bathroom with me whenever I go and put her on her own potty chair.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:28 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Nudity is not a huge issue in our house just because we never made a big deal of it. My kids know that they aren't to just run around naked, but its also not made to be "taboo", and we have done this all their lives. They are older now and they don't do anything that shows nudity to anyone else in the house, that's because they get shy about it which is normal but no it's not bad to have a toddler in the bathroom with you!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:31 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My dd takes baths/showers with me all the time. But when she gets in the bath with with her dad he wears boxers (she noticed daddys different then us) its not a big deal
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:33 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• when your kid is like 10 and watchin you pee then its an issue... a big one, but while they are little its understandable, hell I am teaching my daughter to potty train by taking her to the bathroom with me.
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 1:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• see I never thought of it being weird until I read this post about how kids should be exposed to nudity and blah blah blah, to me I have just always thought that its not a big deal because he is breastfed and showers with me and everything so he doesn't know the diff. I really probably wont get super concerned about it until he is old enough to actually notice that mommy is different ya know, but thanks at leats I know I am not the only one who is pretty open about it
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:50 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i do all the time... when i go pee, he says pee pee, i think its training him for the potty...lol... its not like i show him things...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• he is only 2 btw
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:54 AM on Mar. 23, 2009