Baby voice change? Help please, bit worried.

This morning baby was just cooing away on the floor. All of a sudden he started screaming and I literally heard the second that there was a change in his voice. And since then ALL day long his voice and cries are different. Does this happen? He'll be 5 months April 2. Do babies cries change? I know as children get older their voices change...and I saw my neice and nephew grow up, but I've never heard their baby voices change. It sounds like he has a rasp now....as if he's sick and lost his voice, or as if he'd been screaming at a concert the night before and lost it. I'm a bit worried. He's still breathing just fine, nothing is caught in his throat. I think I'm going to take him to the doc in the morning...just was wondering if any of you know about this....thanks

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 1:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've never heard about this. I read a lot of books on babies and parenting and can't say I've come across this one. Good luck, I hope he is okay.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I have not heard of this either, but since you mentioned it happened suddenly its a good thing you are having his doctor check him out.
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 1:46 AM on Mar. 23, 2009