preganacy and weightloss

i just found out i'm preggo with #2 after 2 miscarriages and some weight gain. have been losing steadily for about a month, and now i'm worried about losing weight while pregnant. my doc said i should terminate since of weight problems. has anyone been "overweight" and had a baby? did you show or just still look "fat"?(using " " because i hate those words)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Terminate b/c of your weight!?!? Don't listen to that doctor, my goodness that is ridiculous..... I'm overweight and I still look way pregnant, not just fat. I've also gained 40 more lbs, I'm 38 1/2 weeks now but my baby girl is healthy. Good luck this time, hopefully everything will be okay!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:50 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• no hes nuts dont listen to him hun i agree with the first answer
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!! what kind of ob you have girl i would change obs and im over weight and i had a healthy baby boy congrats by the way!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• RUN! OMG.. he said to terminate because of weight?! friggin idiot!.. I am considered obese for my height(5'1'' and 160lbs) .. don't look it, but that's what bmi says...anywho.. I was just told not to gain more than 15-20 lbs... not a big deal since I have lost 15ish since getting pregnant..enjoy it, and go find yourslef a new dr. hun! good luck and praying for a happy and healthy 9 months!
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 2:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• It really does depend on your size. A friend of mine was considered "morbidly obese". (A yucky name I know. sorry) It was highly suggested that she did not get pregnant at her high weight and when she did get pregnant they suggested termination. She carried through with the pregnancy with numerous issues. She developed diabetes, high blood pressure and was so large at the time of delievery that they almost were unable to give her an epidural. The needles are only so long, and in the event of an emergency c-sesction she could have been screwed if they couldn't administer meds. She gave birth to a healthy, normal 6 pound baby and she is now 4 years old and still healthy, although the mother is still battling with weight related issues and is finally decided that it is time to get healthy, if not for herself then for her family. I guess my advice is be as healthy as you can be and get lots of information. Good luck!
    dancingmama

Answer by dancingmama at 2:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I had diabetes and all that with complacations but you know what it was worth it i dont care on my weight now imma gonna have all my kids now and later on i will lose weight and enjoy my life with my family and i agree with both ladies change your doc good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• wow, that really sucks. You should really get a second opinion, nobody can FORCE you to terminate. I dont know how big you are but I was worried about wether I was going to look pregnant or just "fatter" when I got pregnant too.. Dont worry about it, chances are you will get the round belly and maternal glow just like I did. I used the pregnancy and the gestational diabetes (diagnosed at 18 weeks) to my advntage and now at less than 2 weeks postpartum im in my before baby jeans and working my way smaller
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 9:35 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• thank you all for the advice...called a new ob today and am going to meet with her and see if i like her to make the change!
    Anonymous