breathing weird

my DD is 4 weeks
and i think she is breathing weird
its kind of a wezzing and then she takes really deep breaths every now and then then the wezzing gose away and a few secs later is back
idk if im being a worrie wort
but i just wanted to ask wut u moms though

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you checked to make sure that her head is not tiliting down too far onto her chest (I dont know how she is laying)? That could squeeze her throat a little and cause some breathing difficulties. Some babies do actually snore, but if this is sudden, I would call the Ped or Nurse line just to check.
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 1:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• If baby is wheezing, it's normally merits an ER visit. Has she been sick at all? Cough? Runny nose? I took my daughter in for wheezing when she was 10 months and it turns out she had pneumonia and they ended up admitting her.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Babies breathe weird after they are born. I asked my sons doctor and he said it is normal. They are still trying to get use to using their lungs and learning how to breathe. My son took in a breath and stopped breathing for a few seconds. However if you are really worried call the on call doctor at the hospital.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My son had transitional breathing when he was a newborn and also something called laryngomalasia.. an underdevelopment of the lyrinx that fixes itself in under a year.. caused him to wheeze, squeek, gasp, and snore. It was diagnosed by an ear/nose/throat specialist (referred by my doc) It wasn't serious and fixed itself after a few months
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 3:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My daughter did this a few times.. Get her naked and check her sides right underneath her chest and if they are caving in really far when she breathes thats a sign of struggle.. you also want to look at her nostrils if they are flaring when she breathes she is also struggling. When my daughter did this I took her to the hospital and she had RSV and had to stay in the hospital for 5 days. She got SEVERELY sick instantly. It was horrible. Listen to her back and see if you can hear it rattle.. if you can you need to take her to the doctor.
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2009