MIL threatened to call social services on me...

MIL is a piece of crap. she ran off and left DH when he was little, reveled in the novelty of being a grandma, yet hardly ever calls to ask about her grandson, let alone my hubby. well, she called to ask what she could get for our sons bday-she wont actually send anything. she did this at xmas nothing was sent not even a card for us, just one for her dad, who we lived with at the time-well she asked what i was doing and DH said i was in the bath with our son. she freaked out and said that was sick and said she was calling social services!! she lives across the country, i dont know how big of a threat this is, but i'm pissed and terrified. my son's about to turn a year old, i have arthritis, so its hard for me to kneel next to the tub for baths. i just take a bath and sit him in there with me. yeah, we're naked, but he's my son! i breastfed! there's no obscene touching, just playing with some bath toys! could there be a case?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• absolutly not!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Absouletly not. I wouldn't worry about it too much. My son is 17 months and I still bathe with him.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:16 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Don't worry....you can take your children of the opposite sex into the bathroom until their like 6 or 7 without anyone tripping....She's a piece of work!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:20 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My daughter is three and she still showers with me, don't worry about. You aren't doing anything wrong!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:22 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• That is sad that she can't enjoy you being a great Mommy. Nothing is wrong with you bathing with your baby. Hugs to you Mama
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:26 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My son is 4 and he showers with me. It is sickening that people like this can make something so innocent and twist it into something so sick. If it were me I would just not talk with her or have any sort of communication with her. She sounds like a sick cookie trying to cause problems...
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 3:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• They won't do anything if she reports that.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:36 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• You have nothing to stress over, tell her to mind her own business.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:43 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Some people can turn anything you tell them. I would think that if she calls they will just laugh at her.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:12 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Number one yes she can call. Number two will it do more than annoy you and the worker who has to go out on an unfounded claim..NO..
    ANYONE CAN CALL>>> One reason our Dcs/DFS offices are so overloaded they are supposed to check out all "reliable" reports.
    NUMBER THREE Relax and breath cause her calling for that is as stupid as my friends gma living in Ca and her in TN and the gma called dhs and told them there was no food or running water in the house and that the kids were always unclean......yeah there was a worker who went to friends house and said we got a call and I just need to see your kids , bathroom, and kitchen and im gone...
    You are bathing him the best way you can. There is nothing wrong with that! Some people like her thrive on others unhappiness just ignore her calls!
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 10:52 AM on Mar. 23, 2009