HELP!! DD's first night in big girl bed.....

She picked out her bed and sheets, and now she won't go to sleep! Any ideas on how to get her to stay in bed and go to sleep?? I've tried laying with her, singing, patting, going and coming back, I've put her back in her bed about 40 times tonight!!! Any ideas? She's 2 1/2. Thanks!

KaceesMom

Asked by KaceesMom at 2:16 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly, I think all you can do is put her back to bed. Or you can put up a baby gate and let her wear herself out in her room.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:39 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Can't help you. My kids slept in their crib until they were too big for it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING ...(EXAMPLE:READ HER A NIGHT TIME BOOK AND KISS HER GOOD NIGHT )LEAVE THE ROOM AND WHEN SHE GETS UP BRING HER BACK TO HER BED ...DONT REALLY TALK TO HER UNLESS NECESSARY AND AFTER A FEW NIGHTS SHE'LL GET THE PICTURE ,THAT SHE HAS TO STAY AND SLEEP IN HER BED!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2009