if YOU stopped drinking soda

ive heard that if you drink soda regularly and then you stop drinking it all together that you lose weight from that...

is this true?
and if you tried it and it worked, how much weight did you lose?

Me and my boyfriend have decided to stop drinking soda because its not good for you, but also because of the weight loss thing :)

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:37 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i heard the same thing so i quit about 2 mth. ago and i have not lost any weight. hope it does better for you guys
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My son gave up soda for Lent and 3 weeks later I took him for a physical and they still say he is over weight! My kid looks fine but then again he is a kid and adults loose less weight as they get older. Try it!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• GIGI... 3 weeks is NOT enough time to lose weight especially if someone is already overweight.....

i tried it and 3 months later i had lost 15 lbs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My husband's mother did this and she lost a lot of weight. She lost something like 30 pounds in 2 months. It was crazy. It made a big difference. You could totally tell she lost a lot of weight.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 2:44 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Are you talking about regular soda? I drink about 8 cans of diet coke a day and I'm 5'7" and 120 pounds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• It probably depends on a lot of different factors, like how much you are drinking and whether it is regular or diet. If you cut 500 calories a day from your diet, you will lose one pound in a week. With diet soda, even though it doesn't have calories, it does cause your body to metabolise food differently and has been linked to metabolic disorders and increased sugar cravings.

If you're cutting soda to lose weight - you can aim to drink eight 8oz servings of water a day, too. Getting enough water in your system will really help your body shed the weight and toxins.
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 2:51 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i wasnt asking what you drink and your body type, i was asking if you stopped drinking soda and if you did did you lose weight from stopping...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:52 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Right momnbabygirl and I was asking if you were referring to regular or diet soda? jeesh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• im talking about just soda.... any soda
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:56 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Okay then, the answer is NO! My DH gave up diet soda and hasn't lost a pound, but considering he wasn't taking any calories in that would make sense.

MamaSue is completely right, a lot of different factors come into play here.

Really this question is pointless, because it doesn't make sense. JMO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Mar. 23, 2009