my daughters eyes rolled back in her head and her lips turned blue. my husband and i performed cpr the best we could and with 2 breaths she was then trying to breath. it took her awhile to be herself and the docters feel she had a fever seizure. i'm so afraid of it happening again any advice?

she had a fever the day before but had been okey that day.

twospecialgifts

Asked by twospecialgifts at 2:37 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Health

• I would get a second opinion just to be sure, and especially if you are scared. Also ask your doctor about necessary procedures if it were to happen again.
    NotVeryClever

Answer by NotVeryClever at 2:47 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• If she had no fever at that time how on earth did she have a fever seizure. I would be asking for a second opinion and test to ensure it was nothing more. Usually that occurs DURING the fever not a day after it. My son had a heat related seizure at 14 and it scared me to death so I cannot imagine how ya'll felt with a baby..
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 7:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My son used to have fever seizures and the pediatrician and the nurses at the hospital said they are caused be the fever spiking too fast for the body to handle. PLEASE get a second opinion or do some research on them online like webmd or something. They can happen again my son had 4, the first he was 10 months old and it was the scariest thing ever, he was foaming at the mouth, eyes rolled back in his head and shaking 15 minutes after I put him in his crib a little bit warm! The good news is that we were told they usually out grow them and he hasn't had one since he was 4 years old and is now 16 y.o, but he always runs high fevers when he is sick, like 103 is his "normal" fever temp.
    Again PLEASE talk to another pediatrician, them saying it was from a fever the day before just doesn't sound right.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:49 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• you might want to ask for an EEG to rule out neurological issues
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2009