lactose intolerant? TMI

my son use to get small red bumps that lookeda little like welts...I mentioned it on here before. Well recently we tried milk again and he doesnt brake out at all any more. Before we tried him on it his poopies were hurting him and now they are really pasty and gooey, and he seems bloated his tummy is at least and he's really gassy. Does this mean he is lactose intolerant or is this normal? He's 14months.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:01 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like he may be lactose intolerant...

heres a site

http://www.babycenter.com/0_lactose-intolerance_1201468.bc#articlesection3
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:09 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• the stool I am not sure about, i am no poop expert, but the gassy tummy it does sound like it, Try SKim milk or better read as fat free milk, Try it for a weekif he still has the problem then its something else, I have the problem with me, and fat free milk does not cause it, it is fine for me, My daughter was lactose intolerant when she was an infant and I started her out on skim, then 1% then 2 % now she drinks whole milk just fine, if i drink whole milk, I am in miserable pain for hours..omg.
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 23, 2009