what would you think of a mom to be that always speaks negatively about her life?

this girl always talks negatively about her current life, shes expecting and she always says how she wants to start over, she hates her life, shes deperessed she wants her life back she hates being pregnant, she hates when the baby moves...... etc etc she currently said this on her myspace
" Run away where no one knows me!!! To fucking start over!!! I fuckin hate my life I can't stop crying!!!"

how can someone be SO negative about their baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like depression. I had it when I was pregnant.. like a post pardem thing, minus the post part! It sounds like she needs some help... maybe a kind ear?
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 3:15 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• she is a little young, and kind of dramatic... she just likes to party and drink and smoke and now she cant i think she really just wishes she wasnt pregnant it doesnt really SEEM like a depression thing...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• with my 2nd pregnancy i liked to party alot and couldn't like i wanted to plus the dad/ my then husband was abusive. i felt the same way she's feeling. burning is right, that's a sign of depression. i felt that way up until my ex got custody of our son. *i also have an older child from a previous relationship i care for by myself*. i actually wanted to give up my son for adoption the whole 9 months!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• If she's your friend, try talking to her. It does sound like depression.. but if this is her personality she may really not want this baby.

I find negativity to be toxic and try and avoid it. It brings me down. Maybe if she sees how happy you are pregnant/with your child then you can lift her up? I don't know?! I would definitely try and see if I could help.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:38 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• It definitely sounds like depression to me. I would keep an eye on this girl and hope that she snaps out of it before her baby is born or there could be some scary things going on.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Well, it could be combination of being somewhat depressed and also a bit dramatic. If shes very young, then I can see where the drama comes from. People that young usually change thought patterns quite quickly and it could be that she doesnt realize what being a mother is about. SO she cant really FEEL about the baby the way she should. It obviously wasnt conceived under the best of circumstances/
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:33 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I agree, having a baby can be scary. I had what I can only describe as "the honey moon period". We were so happy to be pregnant, and it was all sunshine and roses for a while, and then suddenly it hit me that we weren't prepared, we didn't have a lot of money, I had no idea how to be a parent, I was terrified of labor etc. I had nightmares about losing the baby (like I would put him down somewhere and forget where I put him.. not like miscarriage), or that I had to hold him forever because we had no crib lolol ..just really awful dreams. Everyone around me couldn't understand my panic at times, and I just couldn't seem to make them understand..it's possible she's coming to terms with the way her life is changing and her own inadequacies.It's hard suddenly realizing that YOU ARE THE MOMMY lol.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 8:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I have a friend who is going through this. It breaks my heart that she wont except the beauty of her pregnancy. ITS CALLED BEING INCREDIBLY SELFISH!!!! She can't think about anything but herself & her own problems. Her child probably will not have the best situation w/ mom. Mom already resents her child. I'm hoping that my friend will change after the baby is born. I'm praying that when she See's its face that she will turn around & love the baby & no resentment towards it. REALLY.....some woman were not meant to be moms. They just lack maternal instincts, it is very sad & there is not much you can do about it but encourage her. Maybe you can help her get some counseling. GOOD LUCK!!! Like the person said about it too though, this could be her negative way of coming to terms w/ her life changing. Hopefully she will change for the better in the end.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• stress with depression can get that way...just lastweek i was screaming "I WISH I WASNT GOING TO BE A FUCKING MOTHER. I CANT DO THIS. I DONT WANT TO DO THIS" but it was just because i was in a stupid arguement with my bf..lol..im fine now and i felt soooo shity after i said that and i laid down adn rubbed my belly apologizing to my baby lol..

it happens...i said a lot of shit through out my pregnancy but now im right at the end (36 weeks) and im pumped! =]
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:55 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• hey Samuri, ITS NOT BEING SELFISH...its just something women cant help..its the hormonal change...depression runs in my family and i ended up getting it soooo bad that i had self pity i wanted everyone to feel bad for me and at times i wanted to kill myself...

but i also learned to deal with it and try sooooooooooooo hard to think about how wonderful its going to be in the end and it worked...im excited i could practically run a marathon if my pelvic area wasnt so pessurized
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Mar. 23, 2009