Why do people think...

They can comment or have the right to comment or judge some one for smoking while pregnant. It's none of their bussiness, not their baby, and not illegal? So whay don't they mind their own bussiness does it really affect them.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 4:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because some women feel that they know EVERYTHING, and they like to point out how wrong they think you are. It makes them feel superior.

So are we wrong?   To bash someone YES.

Or is this just an attempt at a personal jab towards someone?  Why do you assume it's a personal jab ? Because I didnt jump on the 'bash" the smoker bandwagon. Or is beecause I wont judge her parental skills based on the fact she smokes.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• It doesn't directly effect them, but it's the same thing as watching a kid getting beat up by his parents and not doing anything about it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 4:51 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Right smoking is equal to that how do you figure that are you crazy? That's not even close to the same catigory.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:52 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Because when a woman smokes she is harming her unborn baby. Just like if she was beating her child. It's harming that baby whether it's born or not.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 4:54 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Actually there are only links that say this may harm, nothing that says 100 % this will harm. So that's not necessarely true. Also you don't know what that woman was told by her doc. Lots of woman who smoke and don't find out till after the 1st trimester are advised to cut back, but not to quite. That would be like insulting a woman is not developing milk and the doc tells her to drink one beer a day.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:59 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Oh and also, if you don't care enough about yourself or your baby, more importantly, than your selfish.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 5:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• She's not pregnant when she drinks that beer, though. Why would you want to take that risk? Yeah there's a chance your baby might get hurt, but research shows that it's more likely in mothers who smoke than ones who don't. Could you really live with yourself if your baby had asthma or something worse because you couldn't quit a nasty habit for them?
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 5:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Thats not true either if I were to quite the stress on the baby and my body would kill it. So that is not being selfish that is allowing life.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• because that is what these sites are for to get comments and opinions from other mommies. not to just post things on here to just to post! And in the long run it does effect each and every one of us because we all in the same world....our kids will be the future what diseases and morals they have will depict what kind of world we will have for a future.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I smoked while pregnant and although I had no problems I still think I was selfish.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:07 AM on Mar. 23, 2009