My mother really hates me

Hello, I'm 34 and have a daughter. My mom cut me off completely many yrs ago and she ignores her grandchild. I really don't understand why she's done this except she and my dad split up while I was a kid. I was raised by my dad and his family and, I never knew my mom. Logically I shouldn't have anything to do with her. The problem is I contact my uncle sometimes and he's my mom's brother. He also gets on ok with her. I once phoned mom last year and she told me not to ever contact her again or she'll be "very cruel" to me. This worries me because I don't know what she meant exactly and I'm not sure what she's capable of as I don't know her. My uncle doesn't know about this. Should I tell him or shall I leave it all alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't understand why you are even considering it. Does your uncle not know that you and her are estranged? He must know considering your relationship with her has been like this for some time. Have you asked your uncle why she is like this towards you? Maybe sit down and write her a letter asking her why. I think if she has made it very clear that she doesn't want to talk to you then maybe you should just leave it alone. Don't try and force a relationship where there isn't one. The ball is in her court.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 AM on Mar. 23, 2009