love .. what do you think it means..? in your own words ... and ...

do you think that think some ppl use the word love when they really have no idea what it truly means to love someone ..?

bwsmommy

Asked by bwsmommy at 7:35 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Love is a verb.
    Love is patient,
    Love is kind.
    It does not envy,
    It does not boast,
    It is not proud.
    It is not rude,
    It is not self-seeking,
    It is not easily angered,
    It keeps no record of wrongs.
    Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
    It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
    Love never ends
    This is from 1 Corinthians, and my husband and i recited it at our wedding.I truly feel, love is not a feeling, it is an action.
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 7:51 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I Totally agree with katiemum! Great Answer!
    koehler0408

Answer by koehler0408 at 7:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I agree with Katiemum. I do think that some people do not use the word correctly. I think that they are thinking of infatuation instead of love. . It isnt looking at the best and loving them for just those great aspects about them, it is knowing the faults and loving them still!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Love is commitment to seeing that the one loved becomes the best he can be in every area of his life. It is always wanting what is best for him, even if that means you have to set aside your own desires for a time. Most people have no idea what love is. They think it's all about warm fuzzy feelings and sex, which is about as far from the truth as one can get. Real love grows and grows as the years pass whereas what most people think of as love is fleeting and becomes boring in just a short while.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• love is a vibration that connects all things.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:01 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• love is also what you can give......NOT what you can get....it's unconditional.......you would love your child even if he/she despised you. Love goes beyond the realm of this physical world, it's almost impossible to explain in its entirety.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Love is a choice, not a feeling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I think a lot of people mean "i love you" the same was they mean " I love" their favorite kind of pizza. If you have it great, but if not you might be a little disapointed but when it comes down to it, you eat whatever you get.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:49 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I don't agree that it's a choice, because I would've chose to not still love someone but you do make the choice to get in the relationship far enough to love them. I do think a lot of people use the word too freely and they're confusing it for lust, and for when they "really like" someone, even care for them but not truly love. I personally never knew what it was to truly love someone, completely till my children. I know I love my husband because I'm still here, I still want to be with him, I want us to touch each other's hearts, bodies and minds every day. His touch can fill my heart with an emotion that's beyond words. We show love in so many ways, but by staying even when it hurts is the most is something that is all too uncommon anymore. When times get hard, most run and don't even try to work it out if the other doesn't give in to their wants or demands. That's not love.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:03 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• The man is the head of the house hold, and every decision he makes is in love and consideration of his wife and her feelings, the woman is the helper, and every decision he makes she has a say of influence over it if she feels it's not right, but she is to submit to him and help him as long as he is considering her in all of the decisions he makes. The two roles done right together have a great outcome. The woman should be gentle, meek, kind and lowly, and show respect to her husband. The man should rule with love, and show his love for in all choices he makes, forsaking all others. Katiemum pretty much explained it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Mar. 23, 2009