my son has a 104 fever !

my son is 5yrs old he has been having high fevers since yesterday i have gave him moltran and tylenol but the fever keeps coming back up and he has a bad cough should i take him to the hospital now??

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• YES!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• yes, definatly, take him he could have bronchitits or pneumonia or an infection. hope he feels better
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 7:49 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• YES GO NOW! If his fever get up to 105 THATS VERY VERY VERY DANGEROUS! Your in my prayer Hope he gets better soon!
    koehler0408

Answer by koehler0408 at 7:49 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Not always a need to go to the ER first. Has his fever gone down at all but goes back up? That is normal. It's also normal to have a fever up to three days like that going up and down. If he is lethargic, puking and having non stop diarrhea I would call your pedi first and then maybe go to the ER. A fever is fighting off an infection/illness.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:52 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I would go to the pediatrician today when they open unless he has vomiting and diarrhea or a headache that you can not get rid of. Good luck.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:56 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Yes!!!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• When you all go to your pedi grab those pamphlets they have in the waiting area or in back where the pedi actually looks at your child. They have so many talking about colds and fevers and other childhood illnesses. Too many parents rush to the ER first when not needed.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:01 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• don't wait any longer get him there now! ASAP. Good luck ,I hope he feels better very soon
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Since it sounds like the fever goes down with the medicine and it is Monday I would call the pediatrician and ask if they think you should go to the ER or take him to the office.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:07 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• yeah don't put something like that off because you don't know what is causing the fevers
    Charitygail

Answer by Charitygail at 8:28 AM on Mar. 23, 2009