Boob question

I am 28 wks almost 29 and my boobs are really itchy, and I have noticed that the skin around the nipple is turning a bit darker, like brown. What is this? Is it normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your boobs are growing and this is why they itch. Also, this could be why your nipples are changing. Mine got dark as well. This is normal.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• YEP! Its very normal the darker coloring has to do w/ hormones. And the obove is right, it;s itchy because it is stretching. Keep them moist w/ vitamin E, cocoa butter, shea butter anything thick & oily. It will also help w/ stretch marks. But, enjoy it! My boobs looked their best when i was pregnant. I felt like i had baywatch boobs!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• If their ithing I'd watch for stretch marks!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• ah, another pregnancy change (among many that will keep on happening even after delivery!!). I have heard your areolas (the skin around the nipple) turn darker to help the baby find it better, since their vision isnt that great. And Ive also heard your boobs itch when they are growing. Dont know if thats true, but it certainly makes sence! It could also be because of dry skin, which is normal during pregnancy. Use some regular lotion.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:55 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• my boobs itched terrible with my first pregnancy and i had horrible stretch marks. i wemt from a small b to a full c even after birth too. i dont know if they are related so dont freak out. try some cocoa butter on it.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2009