Canker Sores

OUCH! I have been getting these back to back lately, but this one that I have right now is TERRIBLE! It is on the inside of my lip and i cant even talk, or swallow, without being in major pain! I was looking up remedies online and I read this:

"Pregnancy-specific information
Consult your doctor if you develop any type of mouth sore while you're pregnant -- especially before taking any type of medication (including nonprescription drugs). "

I thought it was just normal to get them while your pregnant, and nothing to call the dr. over, but after reading this, should I call?

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 8:41 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• canker sours are also known as herpes..congrats you have herpes..nahh im only messing with ya...i got one..i get them all the time because of my lip ring and i always screw up cleaning the ring lol..

their normal..but if you get like 2 or more in your mouth go to your primary care doctor and get some cream or medicine for that...i knew a girl who had 10 in her mouth...NASTY..she was in the ER for a couple days
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:52 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Thanks! I usually have 2-3 at a time, but I can bear with them, this one is like the mother of all canker sores! haha. My primary care Dr. wont see me while im pregnant, everything has to go through my obgyn =/ which i hatebothering over simple stuff!!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 8:54 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• they HAVE to see you...if its "not related to pregnancy" then they HAVE to help you...i just saw my primary care doctor because i had a bump on my butt! and it was smart to go there instead of the baby area because it turns out i had a deadly virus growing in that bump and it was contagious...u think those newborns want what i had? prolly not..

sue ur doctor! lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:59 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• You can gargle with Hydrogen peroxide.. JUST DO NOT SWALLOW ANY!~

It will hurt like holy hell, but it helps a lot..
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 9:57 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

•  To MissKelee ---  actually canker sores and cold sores are two different things and COLD sores ARE a form of the Herpes Virus. The sores you are getting from your lip ring are probably not either unless you have had it confirmed by your doctor.

To Stacy--  better to be safe than sorry, go ahead and consult your doctor, It may be as simple as calling in and asking about that specific medicine and getting the okay.  Canker sores are usually pretty harmless (painfully harmless) but its not a big deal to have it checked on anyway. Good Luck and feel better soon

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Mar. 23, 2009